We know that the gin tastings are getting more popular everytime we run one but this one seems to have an addititonal buzz about it.
We had 22 Gin and 2 Vodka drinkers that we provided the selection for with a few nibbles thrown in, which seem to go down well as we only took home the dirty plates 😉
The 6 gins selected are as below however the two local gins seem to be the outright favourites.
So starting with
1. Twisted Nose – Watercress Gin this was served with Fever Tree Elderflower Tonic, grapefruit and orange zest.
2. Roku Gin – served with Fever Tree Tonic, lime and Cherries
3. Mor – served with Fever Tree Naturally light, Apple and Basil
4. Zymurgorium – Sweet Violet served with a sugared rim and a choice of Fentimans Rose Lemonade, Lemonade or Fever Tree tonic. There was a split between the Rose Lemonade and the tonic of which was the best. Also provided the Parma Violet sweets nust in case you wanted more sweetness. A clear winner this if you like sweet gins.
5. K-25 Gin served with Fever Tree Tonic, Blackberries and Star Anise.
And finally No 6. The brand new local gin from the Big Hill Distillery based in Mobberley, Cheshire, The Spirit of George gin. Served with a choice of Fever Tree Clementine or Original Tonic, Orange slice and zest. This gin is what I would call a ginny gin and when served with the clementine tonic made for a rounder, smoother taste whereas the Tonic picked up the clear gin taste. Again this was a 50/50 split on what was preferred, always makes our job interesting. I will be playing around with different tonics and garnishes with this gin as it has great potential- so keep an eye out guys 😁
Below are some of the other photos from the night. We hope you can join us on the next one on Thursday 12th April.